This time of year is perfect for gathering family and friends around to share a scrumptious meal. We know how the end of year can creep up on you, so we’ve tried to make things a little easier by taking the hassle out of choosing what goes on your Christmas table this festive season.
Whether you’re looking to mix up your typical menu, or you would like to add a bit of Timbavati flair to your special day, we’ve got just the recipe for you! Kings Camp Executive Chef Gareth Jarvis shared his favourite Christmas recipe so you can enjoy the innovative flavours of the Kings Camp kitchen in your own home. Follow the recipe below for succulent Roast Chicken with delectable Sage and Apple stuffing.
- 1 whole chicken
- Small bunch of sage
- 1 green apple
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 100g bacon bits
- 2 pork bangers
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 glass white wine
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Sunflower oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat up your oven to 180 degrees
- Heat up a medium sized saucepan
- Place the butter in the pan and fry your onions and garlic
- Add your spices to the pan and sautée together
- Add your white wine and reduce completely
- Roughly chop your pork bangers, apple and sage and add to your mixture and fry
- Once cooked take your stuffing and insert it in the cavity of the chicken.
- Lightly spice your chicken with cumin and paprika and a light drizzle of oil
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately for 1 hour 15 minutes
- Enjoy with family and friends
Once you’ve recreated this stunning dish for your family to enjoy, snap a picture and share it with us on Facebook or Instagram. We’d love to see your adaptation of this much-loved recipe.
What’s more, if you’d like to experience delicious dishes like this one, cooked by the exceptionally talented team at Kings Camp, you can plan your next stay with us in the Timbavati Private Game Reserve by contacting our friendly reservations team. The team at Kings Camp wishes all our guests and followers a safe and merry festive season!